Bank/ Casual Outpatients Staff Nurse
5th February 2020
20 / 03 / 2020
Salary: from £19.20 per hour
Job title: Bank/Casual Staff Nurse – Outpatients
Salary: From £19.20 per hour.
Location: 60, Grove End Road, London, NW6 9NH
We are looking for a flexible Bank Staff Nurse to join our busy Outpatient Department. The Outpatient Department provides services for a variety of specialties including orthopaedics, ophthalmic, urology, obstetrics-gynaecology, dermatology, plastics, rheumatology, neurology as well as a nurse led pre-assessment clinic.
This role would ideally suit an experienced Staff Nurse who can support a range of clinical specialties, contributing to the delivery of an effective, efficient and responsive outpatient service. You will participate in the Governance of the department; including Risk Management, Health and Safety and Audit activities.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our luxury private Hospital has an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients and is unique in that all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
What would my responsibilities be as a Bank Staff Nurse in the Outpatient Department (OPD)?
- To ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales using Hospital approved documentation, in line with NMC and Hospital guidelines.
- To ensure the provision of excellent, evidence based nursing care for patients.
- Ensure that each patient is assessed, and that their care is planned, implemented and evaluated, and that this is accurately documented.
- Ensure the provision of a welcoming, caring and safe environment for patients and their families.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care. This includes completion of training and development identified as part of appraisal and personal development (PDP) planning.
- To be competent in the administration of medication
- Communicate effectively, promoting open and trusting relationships.
- To be aware of the uses, safety precautions and handling of equipment in the department.
- Participate in effective communication between all members of the multidisciplinary team, other hospital departments, relatives and visitors.
- Ensure quality care is given, by being familiar with agreed standards of care and to inform seniors, if the required standard cannot be reached.
- Assist in ensuring the safety of the department, and the risk management process by actively participating in clinical audit, clinical risk and quality issues, including reporting of incidents.
- Be aware of how to access Hospital policies and clinical procedure guidelines and that staff adhere to these at all times
- Act as a team leader for Health Care Assistants, acting as a mentor/preceptor, and facilitating their development.
- To actively participate in the practical training at every opportunity, through formal and informal teaching.
- Supervise and orientate temporary staff and staff new to the area.
- To act as a preceptor for Health Care Assistants.
- To participate in audit relating to nursing and multidisciplinary care.
- Maintain own professional development and mandatory training
Am I the right person for this Bank Staff Nurse role in the Outpatient Department (OPD)?
- Previous relevant experience working in a similar healthcare environment
- Excellent people skills, good communication and observation ability
- To have sound knowledge and experience within the various clinical specialties
- Demonstrable experience in mentoring junior staff
- Experience of working as part of a multi disciplinary team
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct for Nursing and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work under pressure and with high volumes of work during peak times
Why work for us as a Bank Staff Nurse role in the Outpatient Department (OPD)?
At our Hospital we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment.
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.
Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com