Patient Contact Centre Supervisor
22nd July 2019
Admin & Business Support
21 / 08 / 2019
Salary: up to £28,704
We are currently looking for a dynamic and dedicated Supervisor to join our Contact Centre in St John’s Wood.
Our Contact Centre aims to provide exceptional service to patients and service users by facilitating the patient pathway from an enquiry to a hospital stay in a seamless manner, including working closely with other departments/consultants & their support services to make this process as smooth as possible for the patient.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our luxury private Hospital has an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients and is unique in that all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
What would be my responsibilities be my responsibilities as the Contact Centre Supervisor:
- To supervise and manage the team of Unit & Outpatient Coordinators and Switchboard on a day to day basis, taking responsibility for managing sickness, appraisals, performance-related issues and supporting staff with day to day activities.
- To be responsible for the monitoring of staff performance. This will include quality checks; ensuring staff are completing their daily allocated tasks accurately within the specified timeframes and fully and supporting staff working within the team as required.
- Ensure enquiry logs are completed and up to date by all members of the team on a daily basis
- To ensure adequate staff cover during peak call times
- To liaise with the Marketing and Fundraising Director and Patient Services Manager to achieve KPIs and targets
- To monitor clinic availability across all units and request extra clinic space where necessary
- To provide a general enquiry and information service both in person and through the central referral line to all patients, public, referrers and other clinical colleagues.
- To ensure that any enquiry made by a member of the public or referrer is managed professionally and courteously, ensuring the highest possible conversion rate of enquiries to hospital stays. To act as an ambassador for the hospital and the units at all times.
- Support the consultants to keep referrals within the units or where this is not possible within the hospital at all times. Where an enquiry is for an area that falls outside the units capabilities, ensure that the patient is directed to the appropriate service within the hospital.
- Understand the various specialties in the units, what procedures are undertaken and by whom by working with clinicians so that patients are appropriately directed for on referral.
- To co-ordinate the on call rota of consultants and to maintain central information for the Units about consultant leave, this will include distribution of this leave information to the appropriate departments within the Hospital.
Am I the right person for this Contact Centre Supervisor role?
- Well established numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE or equivalent, at grade C or above in Mathematics and English)
- Typing or word processing skills
- Demonstrable experience of clerical work involving computerised systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrable knowledge of working in a Hospital environment
- Demonstrate willingness to contribute to the delivery of an effective and efficient administrative service
- Demonstrate willingness to be flexible and to work in other clinical areas throughout the Hospital, as and when required in accordance with operational service needs
- Excellent communication skills in English written and verbal
Why work for us as a Contact Centre Supervisor?
At our Hospital we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension, to providing short-term accommodation for new starters.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters at The Hospital
- Ongoing training and development programmes and a genuine commitment to continuous professional development
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org